Thank you for considering St. Mary School for your child’s education.
Roman Catholic Schools in the Diocese of Providence base their educational purpose and all their activities on the Christian teaching of the essential equality of all persons as rooted in God’s love. St. Mary School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, nationality or ethnic origin.
St. Mary School gives admission preference first, to siblings of currently enrolled students; second, to Catholic students whose parents are active members of the parish; third, to Catholic students whose parents are active in another Catholic parish; fourth to non-Catholic students.
The admission process to St. Mary School is to complete the application form and provide all required documents, including transcripts and report cards. A students entering Pre-K must be 3 years of age/4 years of age on or before September 1 of that year. A student entering Kindergarten must be 5 years of age on or before September 1 of that year. Parents of new students entering Grades 1-8 will meet with the Principal.
St. Mary School students:
- Will be educated and nurtured with the Gospel of faith, hope and love.
- Take responsibility for his/her learning.
- Understand and demonstrate a sense of community and good citizenship.
- Reason effectively and develop good problem-solving skills.
- Read actively and critically for a variety of purposes.
- Understand and apply technological concepts.
- Develop a keep curiosity to become life-long learners.
- Are responsive to the need of an ever-changing society.
A Faith-Based Environment
All students take religion class and attend various liturgical celebrations throughout the year. These celebrations include Mass once a month, Mass on Holy Days, and Stations of the Cross during Lent. Non-Catholics do not participate in the reception of the Eucharist. Catholic students who have made their First Communion receive the Sacrament of Reconciliation seasonally throughout the year. Parents that would like to have their child receive a sacrament may make arrangements with Deacon Armand.
Busing is available from the following communities: Cranston and Johnston.
- Pre-K: 3 years of age on or before September 1 (Pre-K students must be toilet-trained. No diapers/pull-ups allowed.)
- Kindergarten: 5 years of age on or before September 1